- Then Tobiah called Raphael and said to him:
- “Brother Azariah, take along with you four servants and two camels and travel to Rages. Go to Gabael’s house and give him this bond. Get the money and then bring him along with you to the wedding celebration.
- You witnessed the oath that Raguel has sworn; I cannot violate his oath.”
- For you know that my father is counting the days. If I should delay my return by a single day, I would cause him intense grief.
- So Raphael, together with the four servants and two camels, traveled to Rages in Media, where they stayed at Gabael’s house. Raphael gave Gabael his bond and told him about Tobit’s son Tobiah, and that he had married and was inviting him to the wedding celebration. Gabael promptly checked over the sealed moneybags, and they placed them on the camels.
- The following morning they got an early start and traveled to the wedding celebration. When they entered Raguel’s house, they found Tobiah reclining at table. He sprang up and greeted Gabael, who wept and blessed him, exclaiming: “O noble and good child, son of a noble and good, upright and charitable man, may the Lord grant heavenly blessing to you and to your wife, and to your wife’s father and mother. Blessed be God, because I have seen the very image of my cousin Tobit!”